There. That’s that box checked. There be ads! My google adsense account was approved today and I managed to insert some ads in the widget area (that’s what wordpress calls the bits on the right of the page). Interestingly, it seems to take some time before the actual ads appear. And at first they don’t seem to relate (that much) to the content. C’est la vie.
The path to success was a little non-linear. I think one of the primary things this ad injection thing was designed to do is put ads into the middle of this text. I didn’t do that right now — but it does have the option of doing it only to search engine traffic and/or only to older posts. That might not be a bad option. Seems like it would be annoying otherwise.
The actual trick here is to add widgets with ads in them. Seems still to be a function of the plugin, so we’ll keep it for now.